Vanaf 10 december 2023
Damiel is one of a legion of angels watching over the lives of the inhabitants of a divided city. Set in the late 1980s, before the Berlin Wall fell, the film charts Damiel’s desire to feel, as well as the people he watches over. He is especially enamored of Marion, a trapeze artist at the local circus. Although only children can see the angels, Marion is vaguely aware of Damiel’s presence. So is the enigmatic actor Peter Falk, who is in town for a film shoot and has a past that puts him in close touch with the otherworldly guards.
Wanna grab a drink, enjoy a movie and socialize with other expats living in Haarlem? Cineville Aperitivo is here for you! Before the film starts you are welcome from 18:00 in our Cafe, where Cineville will provide some fun little extras and together we'll make some new film friends. The Aperitivo film will start at 19:00 and is always a beloved classic, with English subtitles. Keep your eyes open, because this will be a returning event. Want to stay on top of all our non-Dutch programming? Subscribe to our newsletter here.
Cineville Aperitvio Voucher rules:
• You can use your Cineville card to buy a € 10,- voucher, with which you can get 3 drinks at the bar at Schuur; beer, wine or soda.
• The voucher is non-refundable, and only applies during the Cineville Aperitivo hour, one hour before the screening
• If you want, you can use an Aperitivo voucher that you’ve bought at one event, for another Aperitivo event in Schuur.
- Land West Germany, France
- Jaar 1987
- Duur 128 min
- Taal German, English subtitles
- Regie Wim Wenders
- Acteurs Bruno Ganz, Solveig Dommartin, Peter Falk