Vanaf 10 december 2023
Shukichi and Tomi set off on a trip to Tokyo, where two of their grown-up children live. The elderly couple have spent most of their lives in the small coastal town of Onomichi in Hiroshima, and hope their visit will be a memorable experience to cherish for the rest of their lives. However, once they arrive in the bustling metropolis, their eldest son and daughter prioritize maintaining their own lifestyles over spending quality time with their parents. Despite an initially amiable reception, Shukichi and Tomi sense an absence of sincere warmth, which makes them feel unwelcome and disappointed. They cut their stay short and return home. Before long, the son and daughter in Tokyo receive a telegram from their young sister Kyoko in Onomichi, informing them that their mother is critically ill.
Wanna grab a drink, enjoy a movie and socialize with other expats living in Haarlem? Cineville Aperitivo is here for you! Before the film starts you are welcome from 18:00 in our Cafe, where Cineville will provide some fun little extras and together we’ll make some new film friends. The Aperitivo film will start at 19:00 and is always a beloved classic, with English subtitles. Keep your eyes open, because this will be a returning event. Want to stay on top of all our non-Dutch programming? Subscribe to our newsletter here.
Cineville Aperitvio Voucher rules:
• You can use your Cineville card to buy a € 10,- voucher, with which you can get 3 drinks at the bar at Schuur; beer, wine or soda.
• The voucher is non-refundable, and only applies during the Cineville Aperitivo hour, one hour before the screening
• If you want, you can use an Aperitivo voucher that you’ve bought at one event, for another Aperitivo event in Schuur.
- Land Japan
- Duur 136 min
- Taal Japanese, with English subtitles
- Regie Yasujirô Ozu
- Acteurs Chishû Ryû, Chieko Higashiyama, Setsuko Hara